18 Jul Banana Custard Toast
Megann Evans has an easy and delicious snack for the kids to make after school, that works out to be less than $4 per serve.
Banana Custard Toast
Prep: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 1 banana, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup plain or Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 slices soft, white bread, thick toast slice preferred
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Prepare a baking tray with a piece of baking paper.
- Place the pieces of bread on top of the baking paper.
- Using your fingers or the back of a spoon, press to create an indent in the centre of the bread to create a well.
- Combine the yogurt, egg yolk, vanilla and maple syrup or honey in small bowl. Whisk till fully combined.
- Spoon the yogurt mixture onto the toast and using a spoon press it towards the edges.
- Place the sliced bananas on top of the yogurt mixture.
- Bake the toast for 12 to 15 minutes until the custard is set.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup (optional) and enjoy!
- Air Fryer instructions: toast the bread for 4 to 5 minutes.
- The custard should be set and starting to caramelise on the edges when ready.
Recipes developed by: Megann Evans
How much do Aussies enjoy our favourite snack?
- 400,000 tonnes of bananas were produced in FY21
- 6.6 million Aussie households purchase Bananas every 4 weeks
Australian Bananas are available now at all major grocery, independent and local food markets. For more information and access to easy and affordable Banana recipes, please visit Australian Bananas